Wednesday 7 January 2015

Post-festive.



The holidays last too short a time, alas, as the good and pleasant things are wont to. Although term does not begin before Monday 12, I must be back at the office to take up the work which feels too old and sooo last year. 

Aristides the cat enjoying a sunny winter's day
in Thessaloniki, Greece.
But it was a good break, with beloved family and friends I had not seen for a very long time. And a glimpse of the Northern Lights on the flight back home (by the bye, the ambivalent position of the immigrant has its perks: you're flying home both ways. Or its downsides: you're flying away from home both ways). This holiday also reminded me that there's nothing like being in the physical presence of those one loves most. And that a well rested worker works best (a piece of wisdom that Aristides, my sister's cat, is well aware of).

What do I expect for the New Year? Nothing, really. A very wise man - the wisest I ever knew - taught me not to look beyond tomorrow, or next week at most. I hope to take everything as it comes day by day, and to be able to bask in every available moment of sunshine. Quoting Aristides the cat, once again.





No comments:

Post a Comment